June 30, 2021
- Surdex Steel
N/A Annual Salary
To receive, pick, pack and load product to facilitate the smooth and efficient movement of goods to meet customer requirements in a timely manner.
1) Picking, packing orders and loading of vehicles, and check documentation of same.
2) The receipt and off-loading of incoming goods and checking of documentation.
3) Storage of goods in relative bay and rack by crane or forklift, and marking of same.
4) Maintain housekeeping at all times to ensure warehouse is clean and tidy.
5) Carry out any other duties as directed by Stores Team Leader / Supervisor or Branch Manager.
6) At all times demonstrate a willingness to complete effectively and efficiently any duties or tasks reasonably and fairly requested of him by a SupervisorTeam Leader or Manager
7) In some branches, be available as required to assist in sales area as per any arrangements between the Operations Supervisor and Sales Supervisor or Branch Manager.
8) Assist in stock take as required.
9) Check that any materials handling equipment being used has been checked for daily maintenance.
10) Conduct all duties in accordance with procedures as specified in the Business Management System manual to ensure Quality and Accreditation is maintained
11) All employees are subject to legal obligations regarding their own and their fellow workers Work Health & Safety (WH&S). They are to fully co-operate with the company WH&S Policy and Program, to ensure safety in the workplace is maintained. All employees shall undertake hazard identification as part of their normal duties and report any unsafe conditions or work practices. All employees are responsible for their own safety as well as those around them.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of steel products
• Forklift licence
• Crane operation